Data protection is important to us and we take it very seriously. We are committed to trust-based cooperation with you and strive to ensure your all-round satisfaction in every respect – and this of course also applies to the way we handle your personal data. We provide this data protection policy to inform you about how your personal data are processed. Therefore, please note the following information. Our data protection policy supplements the terms and conditions of use of the B. Braun websites.
The operator of the website and body responsible for data protection is:
B. Braun Melsungen AG
In the course of ongoing development of our websites, and the implementation of new legal requirements or new technologies to improve our service to you, some changes to this data protection statement may be required. We therefore recommend that you re-read this data protection statement from time to time.2. General information on processing personal data
This data protection statement applies to data, including personal data, that B. Braun collects about you. Personal data are data or a combination of individual data by which you can be identified.
We gather, process and use your personal data in compliance with the data protection laws of the Federal Republic of Germany and the data protection regulations of the European Union. Under no circumstances will we pass on your personal data to third parties outside of the B. Braun group of companies for advertising or marketing purposes without your consent.
Within our company, compliance with legal requirements and with this declaration is monitored by our internal data protection officer. Our staff has been trained to handle personal data and is obliged to comply with the data protection regulations.3. Type and extent of data use
In accordance with the principles of data avoidance and data economy, we only collect personal data on our website if they are either required for the purpose you desire, or if you provide them to us voluntarily.
In entering your personal or commercial data (e.g. e-mail addresses, names, addresses), you are providing this data on an expressly voluntary basis. By entering such data, you consent to them being collected, processed or used for the purpose of contacting you, processing contracts or protecting legitimate business interests, or for the purpose which you have stated. They will not be collected, processed or used for any other purpose. You can revoke this consent at any time; this revocation will then continue to apply in the future.4. This is how we use your data
We use the data that we collect to provide products and services requested by you, to inform you about products and services offered by B. Braun, and to manage our websites and services (e.g., newsletter).
The following are ways in which we can use the data that we collect about you:
- Shipping samples, rewards, products and information
- Developing new products and services
- Registration for competitions, programs or offers upon your request
- Providing other services that we have offered to you
- Payment processing for purchases and other services
- Protecting against or identifying possibly fraudulent transactions
- If permitted by law, supplying customized, unsolicited offers and information about B. Braun products and services by mail
- Developing and providing advertising adapted to your interests - Analyzing the use of our products, services and websites
- Surveys on our websites
- Discovering how you found our site
- Determining the effectiveness of our advertising
- Enforcing our terms and conditions of business and other business administration purposes
As an affected party you have the following rights, among others, vis-à-vis B. Braun:
- Notification of direct collection of your data, i.e., of the identity of the responsible body, the purpose of data collection, processing and use, and, where appropriate, of data transmission to third parties,
- Information from the responsible body, i.e., on the data stored about your person, about their origin and recipients or categories of recipients to which your information may be passed on, and the purpose of data storage,
- Rectification of incorrectly stored data,
- Deletion of data no longer required if they are not subject to mandatory retention,
- Withdrawing your consent, at any time, for the processing and use of your data, if not required for legal reasons, or directly required for processing an existing contractual relationship.
At your request, we will inform you in writing, and in accordance with the applicable law, whether we have stored any of your personal data and, if so, what data in particular. Furthermore, in accordance with statutory provisions, you have a right to correct, block and delete this personal data. We have summarized the specifications as per § 4e BDSG (German Federal Data Protection Act) in our public register of processing operations.6. Protection of minors
As a general rule, children and persons under the age of 18 years should not disclose personal data to us without the consent of their parents or guardians. We do not solicit personal data from children and assure you that we do not knowingly collect personal data from children, use said data in any way or disclose said data to third parties without authorization.7. Transmission of data over the Internet
The Internet is a global platform. Due to the nature of operations on the Internet, and the inherent systemic risks, all data transfers initiated by you occur at your own risk. The only exception to this is if we offer you an encrypted transmission path.8. Security measures
We have taken extensive precautions to ensure the security of your data. Your personal data, as stored by us, which you for example have entered on HTML pages (contact forms), are transferred in an encrypted format (SSL - Secure Socket Layer) over the public data network to our Internet service provider, from there to the respective data processing systems of the B. Braun companies responsible for the triggered transactions, or to the appropriate contractual partners of B. Braun and are placed into storage.9. Links
This data protection policy applies to all data gathered and processed by B. Braun. In rare cases, the B. Braun Internet sites link directly to the websites of another contractual partner, for which the respective contractual partner itself is then responsible. However, any switching of this kind to external websites will be clearly announced to you in advance. We accept no responsibility for the handling of your data by the operators of other websites. When you exit B. Braun Internet sites, we therefore recommend that you ask all operators of the linked websites for their data protection policies.10. Cookies and etracker
You can view and print out this data protection policy from any B. Braun website via the “Data Protection” link.
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data, you can contact our internal data protection officer directly. He is also available to help with information inquiries, requests or complaints:
B. Braun Melsungen AG
Data Protection Officer
Upon request, you will be informed in writing and in accordance with applicable legislation of whether we store your personal data and, if so, what data.